Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween's Here

Happy Halloweeeeeen! It's gonna be scary...the weather's a bit cool, but not too bad for the treat'n tricksters. What are you dressing up as? I think my little twin-pin gives away what I'll be going as...

What makes it frightening, is that the brand spankin' new LCC opened today...for those of you who aren't aware, that would be your Magasin d'alcools or your "commish". It's located less than a kilometre from our place. We did the tour and wondered if we were the first customers, but we missed the ribbon cutting by a few hours. We had just come home from a luncheon with my former co-workers and wouldn't you know, some of the others in our group noticed the NOW OPEN sign and had to stop by at the same time as we did. It was a great Halloween treat...they were giving out free "samples", so we had a little after luncheon bubbly instead of a liqueur.

The restaurant was okay...the waitress was dressed in a scanty little French Maid's costume and the waiter came as Jason...need I say more!

En route to the "grand opening" of the LC, I stopped by the Folk Festival Office to give in my auction donation. It was neat to see all the other art that is going to be offered at their GALA in December. I'd love to go to that fundraiser, it is a medieval festival of sorts (I think) and after going to a couple of Renaissance Events in the U.S., I'd really like to see one of those here. Great events for costuming!!! Bawdy Wench is what I think would be right for me, or maybe the Mistress of the House from Les Miz...

Time to dim the lights, play some scary organ music and get ready for Fright Night! Happy Haunting all!






No comments: