Friday, November 2, 2007

a whole new meaning for fishsticks

Playtime for Fishies
A while back a friend of mine asked me to create some characters for her class to use as puppets. Of course, I had to draw them and left them with her.
Today, in one of my many "boxes" I found these fish sticks; I think they're supposed to be swizzle sticks, but I couldn't resist keeping them for other purposes. I think they would make great puppets for kids to use. I love their colour, and I think they could be the basis for some sitcom or SoapFishOpera, yet to be developed in my mind. Or maybe I will use them as inspiration for some new angelic-type fishes I'll create in clay. The ones I make now are anything but angelic. angler-type is more like it!
Speaking of things "angelic", I did make some angel ornaments earlier this morning, not the kind of stuff I usually do. They have feathers for wings. Hopefully I will finish them soon, as there is a sale coming up tomorrow, and the people always buy the decoration stuff first. I'll try to post them on here. If they turn out, maybe I'll use them to decorate packages for um...okay, I saw an ad for Christmas yesterday so I'll say it... Christmas presents. I shudder to think that some people already have their shopping done!

No comments: