Friday, May 21, 2010

Crafts for the Cure

After a couple of weeks (and we're not done yet) of nearly full-time teaching, I figured I'd better spend this weekend getting ready for the Crafts for the Cure Sale.  It is going to be held on Saturday, June 5th at the Fort Garry Curling Club on Archibald Street, in Sunny St. Boniface.  It is a very well organized event and though it is not strictly limited to Artwork, the admission fees and table rentals are intended to support Breast Cancer causes.   For details, click on the link: http://www.craftsandmoreforthecure.webs.com/

We all know someone who has been affected by this 'creature' and for those of us who would rather not RUN for the cure, I suggest that you stop by on June 5th to support this fundraiser. 

Of particular interest, items that I will be making, especially for this event, are the Bottles of Hope.  I was first introduced to this concept about ten years ago, as part of one of the Polymer Clay Guilds that I belong to.  These bottles, often medicinal in nature, are covered in polymer clay, and inside them are inspirational messages for patients and loved ones who have been touched by cancer.  This year, I will be donating 50% of the proceeds of sales from the bottles that I sell to a Cancer Fundraising Agency.  It might be the one which this craft sale is affiliated with, or perhaps another related one, as the Bottles of Hope are not just designed for those afflicted with breast cancer, but cancer of any kind.  Many of the bottles I have made previously were donated to patients in hospitals or given to private individuals in the hopes that they would have a little extra support  in their plight. 

I hope you will support this cause and come out to the event on June 5th.

No comments: