Friday, August 8, 2008

Good Morning, Sunshine


Now that the two sides of this sun are visible, I am going to have to bid this work goodbye.
The entire hanging is about 3 1/2 feet long and the focal part is approximately 11 inches across. It barely fit into the oven! I let the finished work hang in our family room yesterday for a few hours just to see how it looked, and much as I would like to keep it there, or somewhere else in the place, it has to go.
I'm not going to suffer any separation anxiety...after having watched the first hour of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics I am in awe, and eager to go and sit at the clay table and work on an idea that inspired me. Actually, the whole production is incredible and I'd love to start doing many things...just goes to show that creativity, in whatever field you work in is boundless.

2 comments:

Cindy S. said...

I just love the hanging pieces. You are so creative. I'm sad to say that there will be no way that I will get to your class on the 23. I can't sit very long. If you do another class please let me know. I had a great time learning to make thinks with the clay.

Pat Sernyk said...

Hey Cindy,
Thanks...the hangings are fun. I believe there are going to be some other classes at Poco, at a time yet to be determined. I will let you know, or give them a call after the 23rd.
Hope your recovery goes smoothly. It will take time, and therapy, but will be worth it in a few months. P.