Monday, June 29, 2015

On the rocks

I called this little girl Mavourneen.  She is trying to cool off in the heat and humidity.  I suppose I should put some water in her rock pool.  
I had made a bunch of little faces a while back and finally figured out a way to use one.  The composition is fairly simple.  First I made a bunch of stones and set them on top of a light bulb to bake.  While that was in the oven, I did a rough formation of the arms and body over some wire and then attached that to the hole in her head. I made a simple cane for the scales, cut it down the center and overlapped them all, up to the b- line. (She's fairly ample in that region)   Then when she was finished baking, I added some ribbon for hair and festooned it with some glass beads and "seaweed" around the back. 
She is sitting there waiting to go to Kenora on Wednesday. 
Happy summer! 

No comments: