Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Zen Doodle Inspirations

In my last most recent post, I indicated that I had used some of my amassed collection of pen and ink zen diagrams as inspiration for my polymer clay textures creations.  I tried to include this picture along with the post, but was having trouble including it with all the other material in that post so decided to use it by itself.  This is not my favorite Zen thing, but I think it gives the idea of what I was striving for.  If I had a chance to do a do-over in this one, I would have balanced it more, with some heavier coloration on the right.  The eye doesn't go to the little 'fat globule' on the lower right.  Also, in my spraghetti presentation arrangement, I think I would have not made the emerging balloon so lonely.  It does give it a balancing point, but there isn't enough foundation for it to maintain the equilibrium on its rather testy fulcrum.  But it does bring to mind the Cirque du Soleil, in one of its moments where the next movement would be a swing to the right!

1 comment:

Marlene Brady said...

Looks great to me! I enjoy your writing also. Always a giggle in there somewhere.