Friday, April 10, 2009

ZenDoodles and Last Minuteness

I don't usually do a lot of sketching and drawing, but I had a few days with time on my hands as we were driving home. Aside from looking at a few nice mountain scenes and some interesting Pueblo villages, I found that doing these Zen Doodles was a good way to pass the time as a passenger. I haven't yet decided what I'll do with them...I did only four, but they are on good quality watercolor paper, so just maybe I'll get them matted and framed. The walls in some of our rooms are just crying for some different stuff, so this might be the ticket.
Or perhaps I'll shrink some photocopies and make them into some transfers for little polymer clay shards.
This past week has been very hectic. I have a big show and a little show and a class to prepare for, and of course not everything is ready. I read in one of my favorite publications about someone who called herself the Goddess of the Last Minute, but I am willing to compete for that title as I have always been a last minute person too. Goddess, no, but Last Minute, definitely. I come by this trait honestly, honestly I do. So what am I doing sitting at the computer?

No comments: