Sunday, April 26, 2009

Next Class at Poco Beads

We had a great time at the Bead Shop yesterday during the Faux Ivory Class at Poco. All the beads were fantastic, and there were a lot of "improvisations" happening, just what I had hoped. The group was terrific...kudos to all the participants!

As for next week's class, (alas it's on a Saturday too,) we'll be honouring Moms just a week before Mother's Day. I've asked the participants to bring in a small (about 1 1/2 inch square) black and white Xerox photo of Mom, which we'll transfer onto clay. Then, we'll incorporate it either as a little treasure or as part of the exterior in the amulet we'll be making. That will be suitable to either wear or hang as a wall piece. I don't have my class sample worked up just yet, but will have one on a post very soon.

If anyone would like more information about the class, you can contact Poco Creations at 204-219-2528 or email to poco@shawbiz.ca to get the class details. There are samples of the project at the store if you are in the neighborhood and can stop by. If the Saturday time slot doesn't work, perhaps we can try for another day and possibly in another location. I know the shop has a lot of classes going on right now! (Ashlyn...contact me)

I didn't have my camera there to snap a picture when I took the sample there, but will take a scan of the prototype when it gets finished tomorrow or Tuesday. Sorry! Too many things going on in this little mind of mine, not the least of which is getting my income tax completed by Thursday of this week. Yikes, the time goes so quickly!

No comments: