Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Books Galore!

Last week I finished this book which I started in March while I was in Arizona. A few members of the AZPCGuild and I worked on some book techniques in polymer clay and this is the result of my efforts. I seem to have a lot of "blue" books in my present repertoire, so this pinky one is a bit of a diversion. I also am getting pretty proficient in the Coptic Binding Stitch, thankfully, and that makes the books open nice and and lay flat. This particular one has five signatures and the interior pages are parchment (archival) so they can be used for journal entries, sketches or keeping favourite photographs.

One thing about the books that I keep forgetting is to make ENOUGH beads for the side details. I try to make them when I am working on the covers, but don't realize that instead of making thirty or so beads, I really need about fifty or more. So this one has a few glass and metal beads included in its fringe.

This particular book is located at Medea Gallery in Osborne Village in Winnipeg, and I have a few others there too. It's a co-operative gallery and the people there are so supportive of my work. There is a real range of art there, and I love going in to browse. Lots of exciting artwork!

Presently I am working on some books using faux ivory with transfers on the front cover. I hope to be finished one or two this weekend, so may have an opportunity to post then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the book Fishy!!!!