Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's (Been) A Slice

The other day I posted about the cane I had made for my guild's swap last weekend.  It wasn't exactly a new cane for me, just a revisitation and revamping with a few little deviations here and there.  Here is another picture of the cane that I made again yesterday.
This is the finished cane that I made, using the headdress cane and the window pane cane sandwiched in between the horns of the headdress.  I made up a tutorial for it and decided to work through the tute exactly according to the directions to see if it would work without the 'innate knowledge' I have, having made it so many times before just out of my head.  I had some pictures taken while it was being made so I could include some illustrations to help folks follow.  I haven't decided what will become of it...I have considered a couple of options, but right now, my plate is just too full to work on it. 
I have a couple of 'events' coming up and need to have some pictures ready to submit for shows, so the cane business will have to stay on the back burner.

The uses for the cane are many and I am illustrating here a few simple things that I made so you can see the versatility of it.  Please keep in mind, that most of these items were made from the ends of the cane, and some of them just use the pieces that were sliced off. 


1 comment:

Lupe Meter said...

I loved the cane that I ended up with Pat...beautiful, and in my colors too (blue)! I am anxious to do something with it! All your canes were beautiful! Glad I can go back to one of your posts that has all of them pictured so I can include them in the newsletter. Awesome work! Wish you could hang around longer because your visits always seems short to me.