Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Picture Pages


I don't normally post non-polymer work here, but this exerpt is part of my art journal.  A few weeks back another blogger (a very famous writer) posted a list of things that would make participants at art sales better "participants".  After copying much of it in longhand, ( I hope she will allow it!) I cut and pasted the remainder and did a little marginal writing surrounding that. 

I recall reading Mad Magazine as a teenager and loved the 'marginal thinking' cartoons and stuff, so I did a little take on that here. 

I sometimes use this 'script' (for want of a better description) on my cards and even include it in some of my polymer work from time to time. 
I like it as a border.
Now...off to work!

2 comments:

Jonna said...

Pat, I would be very interested in the post you talk about here on participants in art sales/shows. Could you list the link or point me in the right direction. We have a show coming up in November and would love to see if any of the suggestions work for our group.
Thank you, Jonna

Pat Sernyk said...

Jonna,
The reference in this post is to a blog article written by Rice Freeman-Zachery in her Notes from the Voodoo Cafe (Blog) on Saturday, September 12, 2009 entitled ART SHOW ETIQUETTE. I perhaps shouldn't have used the word 'participants' as the commentary is more for 'shoppers' (and tire-kickers) than for the actual artists themselves. I posted that rather quickly and in retrospect, realize I should have been a little more careful with my word choice.
In any case, Rice's blog is well worth the time to read as she very articulately states what many of us (participants) in art shows have so often felt, but just didn't know how to say it in the effective manner that she does.
Pat