Hubby Dan and Marvelous Molly will again be located in the foyer of the building. For the past several years they have helped to 'man' the table that supports the local East Beaches Animal Shelter. Molly is so blind unfortunately, that she won't be able to see all the passers-by, but I am sure she will be as welcoming as ever, enjoying all the lovable pats and strokes that she gets from the patrons. And she will welcome the occasional doggie kiss that she will get from furry friends who accompany their humans to the sale. All the pets that come are so well behaved, one hardly notices that they are there.
I have been working on some new additions to both the home and personal accent pieces that I will be bringing. These are photos of the front and back of a new artist journal that I am putting together..it will be ready...I just have to bind it together. The covers are so warm and tactile. It is hard to tell which should be the front or the back. If I hadn't put my name on the inside cover, one would have been able to use the book from both sides, seeing as how the pages are blank. That makes me wonder if I should make my next journal reversible.
For one of the inserts (in what I designated as the front cover), I used the tear away technique and then stained the impressions with Liquitex burnt umber. I also used that for the antiquing on the faux ivory. On the back, the insert was done with a different texture. I doubt that one will know what it is unless I tell. Would you venture to guess? It isn't a contest, but if anyone thinks they know, they can email me and I will disclose the source. It is a type of texture that I use very often, and I have several 'types' like this and am always on the lookout for more interesting ones that come out amazingly well when used with certain clays. I have beads for the spine but have not decided if I will add them, thinking that it might be overkill. I might leave the binding cords long, and make the addition of beads an "optional" thing...
One other thing that is new will be the Kumihimo cords that I've worked on for the last 6 to 8 months. Last year I made myself a kumihimo loom as I couldn't wait to order one and it was so simple and costless to make. I have made about 10 necklace length cords and now I just have to finish the beads to match. Since the cords produced with the Kumihimo are rather thick, it is good to have the cording made first, so that the beads can be fashioned with large enough holes to accommodate the cording. Otherwise, it is a struggle to get the fibres through. I have an interesting palette of yarns and fibres that I have accumulated for the cords, and will have a small sample of the finished necklaces at Victoria Beach and a few more at next weekend's sale.
And now it is time to wrap things up and get busy with the rest of my binding and stringing. No doubt I will be stringing the last necklace as we make the one hour drive up to the beach on Saturday morning.